Those killed in Operation Ziarat belonged to the terrorist organization: Langove

0

Advisor to Balochistan’s Chief Minister for Domestic and Provincial Disaster Management Authority (HPDMA), Ziaullah Langove, said five of the nine people killed in a recent operation by security personnel in Ziarat belonged to a terrorist organization.

Speaking at a press conference in Quetta, Langove said the names of those killed were on the Voice of Baloch missing persons list.

– Advertising –

Last week, an operation against the assassins of Lieutenant Colonel Laeeq Baig Mirza and his cousin was carried out near Ziarat.

The adviser said that after the assassination of Lt. Col. Laeeq, security personnel carried out a major operation in the Ziarat area.

However, the Balochistan-Mengal National Party, the National Party and some Baloch nationalist organizations claimed that the five “militants” who were murdered in the operation were actually people who went missing after being [allegedly] taken by the security authorities. These parties called for an inquest into the deaths and expressed concern.

– Advertising –

In a press conference, Langove said that on July 12, Lt. Col. Laeeq and his cousin Umar Javed were abducted from Ziarat by militants from the outlawed Baloch Liberation Army, who eventually killed them. The adviser called the behavior contrary to Baloch and Islamic customs.

He said an intelligence officer had been martyred during the mission. He said five of the nine terrorists had been identified by their names on the missing persons list.

He said the state’s position on the issue was evident as many of the missing persons were engaged in anti-state activities. He also added that those responsible for the assaults in Nushki and Panjgur as well as those who assaulted the Karachi Stock Exchange were also among those missing.

Advertising

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.