Fugue announced a cloud security platform that enables businesses to establish centralized security visibility and governance over their cloud environments, while giving individual business units the flexibility they need to innovate and compete.
Now, Fugue Organization Management operationalizes cloud security across the organization, enabling businesses to effectively scale their existing cloud security resources using policy-based automation and support teams engineering to eliminate costly delays and quickly deliver a secure cloud infrastructure.
As businesses expand the use of the cloud to more applications, the complexity of keeping their environment secure and compliant increases. Different applications have different risks and policy requirements depending on the use case and locality, and they often use different cloud service providers, system architectures, and tools.
Managed service providers face similar challenges managing cloud security for multiple customers, each bringing a variety of unique use cases, policy requirements, and organizational structures. Fugue’s organization management streamlines security integration and oversight for large and complex cloud operations, improving operational efficiency by up to 80%.
“Zivra’s consulting services and our proprietary DevSecOps framework are focused on understanding our client companies’ cloud security posture and their enterprise-wide policies without compromising their business flexibility,” said said JJ Alvarez, founder and CEO of Zivra. “Fugue’s organization management capabilities work well with our left-shift security and infrastructure offerings to meet the need for continuous visibility into global cloud environments. Fugue’s technology solution gives us the ability to implement comprehensive policies for our clients in a consistent manner while maintaining a flexible team structure.
“Every company is structured differently, with multiple business units making decisions that meet their specific use cases, creating huge security and governance challenges,” said Josh Stella, co-founder and CEO of Fugue. “Within hours, Fugue helps IT and security managers know their cloud environments are secure and adhere to the policy at all times, while allowing individual teams to move quickly and efficiently while meeting local requirements.
Visibility of cloud security into the enterprise
Fugue enables central security operations teams to have real-time visibility into the completeness and security posture of cloud environments across business units or customers. Security teams can:
- View consolidated organization-level reports to gain insight into the compliance and security of all cloud vendors’ cloud environments.
- Access individual cloud environments as needed to investigate vulnerabilities and modify policy settings to meet the security standards required for each use case.
- Operationalize cloud security across the organization with business unit or customer reporting for IT chargebacks.
Consistent application of cloud security controls
Fugue ensures that policy-based cloud security controls are interpreted, implemented, and enforced consistently across the organization. Security teams can:
- Take advantage of hundreds of predefined rules mapped to over a dozen compliance families and develop custom rules capable of addressing complex, multi-resource vulnerabilities.
- Define organization-wide compliance “families” made up of pre-defined and customized rules and send them to cloud engineering teams for implementation.
- Apply organization-wide compliance families to some or all cloud operations to validate the security of their infrastructure as code and runtime environments.
Flexibility for business units and customers
Individual business units or customers have specific needs and requirements. Fugue enables the logical organization and customization of environments to give individual engineering teams the flexibility they need to operate quickly and efficiently. Security teams can:
- Enable role-based access controls (RBAC) for each environment to manage permissions and access to cloud accounts for users, groups, and API clients.
- Configure security and compliance settings at the organization or environment level so that compliance families can be applied to all environments at all levels or customize specific rules that apply to each environment.
- Configure notifications to alert the security team when Fugue identifies policy violations or potential misconfiguration vulnerabilities in any environment.
Fugue secures AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud environments and pre-deployment infrastructure as code security controls for Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Kubernetes manifests, and Dockerfiles. Fugue provides turnkey coverage for SOC 2, NIST 800-53, GDPR, PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27001, CSA CCM, CIS Controls, CIS Docker, AWS Well-Architected Framework and CIS Foundations Benchmarks.
Fugue’s unified policy engine is built on the Open Policy Agent (OPA), the open standard for policy as code and a graduate project of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF).